Anyone know the breakout specs and torque specs for a Bobcat s330? Also what would you think is stronger. A 90 hp machine (CAT 272c) with 201 cu in displacement and 217 ft lbs. of torque or an 85 hp machine (s330) with 230 cu in of displacement and approximately 230 ft lbs of torque? Throw in the new case series 3 465 that's (i think) 82 hp and 288 ft. lbs. of torque. Not sure of the displacement though. Which of these three machines are stronger?
Bobcat T320 (S330 Chassis) Lift breakout- 6,700lbs Tilt breakout- 6,300lbs CAT 272C Lift breakout- 7,315lbs They dont list the lift breakout. Case 465 (4.5L engine) Lift breakout- 6,500lbs Tilt breakout- 7,400lbs.
I wonder if the t320 is rated higher on the specs than the 330 because of the extra hp and psi in the hydro system?
Higher hydraulic pressure and the extra engine torque would provide the means to gain higher breakouts...pressure=power. The loader geometry stays the same and all else being equal would do it.
The 4.5L CASE engine equates to 274 CU. One interesting stat is the 465 holds 4 more gallons of hyd fluid than the BC and 2 more gallons than the CAT. I found a bucket breakout on the CAT of 7315.
I can't believe that Bobcat's resevoirs are so small. My RC50 has a hyd. tank that holds 8 gallons and I don't even have high flow. I think the PT100 has a 20 gallon resevoir which may be the biggest out there. I know someone will pipe in talking about efficiencies and all that but it stands to reason that a bigger resevoir in high flow applications like brush cutting helps to disipate heat (along with a good cooling system). I always asked the Bobcat engineers why they didn't put larger resevoirs in the machines and I never got a good answer from them other than there wasn't enough room.
yellowDog, what are you looking at buying now? tracks or wheels? sounds like you should buy a used s300 and used t300! then you would ahve both options open
I agree that the size of the tank combined with its ability to cool is the deciding factor on how well the system works together. BC has been known to have hyd cooling issues over the years. They would likely love to have an additional 4 gallons of fluid if they had a place to put it.
I'm going to have to go with an s330 for now and wait until they come out with something new unless CAT gets it's act together on the sealed cabs. I did like my 272c but I imagine I'm not the most favorite customer there right now. I was going to look at CASE but I figured I better just go back to where I was comfortable and wait and see how the series III machines fair for CASE. I'm going to miss my CAT but I won't miss the hot and dusty cab and down time.