Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is there a way to upgrade a cab to fully enclosed?

scoot98758 ยท 2008-06-25 14:08

I am interested in purchasing an ASV RC85 but it doesn't have an enclosed cab. I am planning on using this machine to dig in very muddy environments and to use this during the winter to plow snow. Is there any way to upgrade a cab that is non-enclosed to an enclosed cab that has AC/HEAT?

Replies8
  1. #1Digdeep2008-06-25 18:03

    Yes. I know someone who has had it done at the dealer. I think that the cab and heater were pretty easy but the A/C was a bear.

  2. #2bobcatmechanic2008-06-25 19:30

    on bobcats all you have to do is put the glass vents and hvac system in you have to get heat to get a/c probably the same for asv's i think there a/c units are hung off the back of the cab or on top i think is where i have seen them

  3. #3Big Dazzler2008-06-26 09:23

    Hey Yep you can retro Positracks. Make sure you are sitting down when you hear the price for the aircon :Banghead

  4. #4Digdeep2008-06-26 12:45

    I seem to recall another thread where it was said that the ASV machines in Australia get a cab with A/C made down there and not the one from the U.S. and the price is less. It might have been somewhere else.

  5. #5scoot987582008-06-26 13:09

    has anyone ever done this or does anyone know a price estimate on how much it would cost to enclose the cab and put heat/ac in it? I know no one really knows how much exactly it would cost but just ballpark?

  6. #6bobcatmechanic2008-06-26 13:10

    bobcats kits are 2000 to 3000 i believe thats just parts no labor

  7. #7Big Dazzler2008-06-26 20:02

    Im not sure. The aircon seems a bit of an add on stuck down by the left hand footwell. I think it was $9000 aus to have it fitted from the factory which is crazy ointhead My manual shows all the bits needed to enclose the cab so you could get them from spares. If it was my money I would go and see an auto aircon place and get them to fit one, the only hard part would be fitting the compressor in the engine bay and reciever in the cab.

  8. #8stumpjumper832008-06-26 22:04

    Cabs can be fabricated with a couple hinges and some plexiglass, the heater isnt too hard to rig up, unfortunatly the ac is the hard part, might be easier to find a model with it already on.