Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S450 High Speed Fan not engaging

Hondaracing02 · 2026-06-02 00:05

ave an S450 with the 3 cylinder Doosan. The high speed fan is not engaging as intended. A friend had the machine and it shut down on him due to it getting too hot. I have not run it to that point, but today brush hogging, the temp gauge got to halfway, so I unplug solenoid on fan motor, to engage “fail-safe” high speed fan, and it cooled to quarter on the guage. Things I’ve tried: Unplugging solenoid engaged fan into high speed, so that’s tells me spool and solenoid are working as they should. However, I did replace solenoid with one I had on another machine, no change. Im told these fans read off coolant and or hydraulic temp. Coolant temp sender has to be working because the gauge is climbing as it should. Unless there’s another one? I only see one on the thermostat housing. I replaced hydraulic temp sensor that’s on block ontop chain-case; fan still Will not go into high speed (unless unplugged of course). Something is keeping power to the fan solenoid, but I’m not sure what… I tested all fuses and relays in the fuse box above battery, all are good. I assume this fan should kick on after 5-10 minutes of basic use or idle, and really not shut back down to low speed, especially when I’m brush hogging. Thanks in advance

Replies0

No replies yet.