Hello, Could you please let me know how much A/C oil is required for caterpillar 226b3 system? Also, could you explain the correct procedure for distributing the oil within the A/C components? Thank you.
It depends on what your doing, are you starting from scratch, with all new components? If your replacing one component, like say the compressor, then usually you add to the new one, what you drained out of the old one. Same goes for all the other system components. Usually theres about 5 to 6 oz in a system, (not an exact number). Dealer should be able to give you that info, on how much oil goes with what part. Total oil charge, might be on tag in eng compartment.
Post a machine Serial Number and it might be possible to come up with some information, although quantities of PAG oil often are not mentioned in the service manual. The S/No is also important as it appears that differing quantities of refrigerant are used in 226B3 models depending on the S/No prefix.
My serial number is AS200190
"The system is contaminated with metal debris, and I am going to buy a compressor, an accumulator, and a condenser. The technician told me that the system is not likely to be successful and does not recommend repairing it."
It sounds as though you have an extensive cleaning process ahead of you. The attached may be of some use. The only thing it does not appear to mention is the quantity of PAG oil required for the compressor. I was under the impression that replacement compressors came pre-filled with the appropriate quantity of oil, but I may be wrong in that. For an AS2-prefix machine the required refrigerant charge is 0.81kg.
Every part in your system, will have to be thoroughly cleaned, or replaced, and even then I think it might be a gamble
I would like to order all the replacement parts for the system, except for the COIL AS-EVAPORATOR . I am planning to just clean it. In your professional opinion, will the system work efficiently and perform well with this setup, I would appreciate your advice.
Compressor should come pre-filled, but may need to top it off with oil to system specs. The canned AC flush followed by compressed air work really well, but if possible it's best to remove all the components you'll be re-using to get a full flush and not have some debris stuck in a low spot that will kill your new compressor.
I don’t think the question is whether it will work or not, it will, but like MarchallPowerGen said if you miss some debris, it may all be for nothing. If you want AC, then go for it, you learn by experience, no one here can guarantee the outcome.
Here is the English translation for your text: "Thank you for your beautiful answers. However, is there a filter for the system or not? If not, do you recommend that I install one? Also, I found some parts on Amazon; do you recommend that I buy from there?"
There should be what is called a filter/drier in your system, and yes that should be replaced, anytime you have a it open. As far as Amazon for parts, I personally would not buy any parts that you want longevity out of. It’s tempting, based on price alone, but not for quality. Others on this form may have a different opinion.
How can I determine the amount of oil in the compressor, and how do I know if it is the correct amount? Also, what type of oil is used inside so that I can use the same type for the other components?