Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S590 engine

maquinariawiebe ยท 2018-03-01 17:06

We bought a Bobcat S590 at auction that has a bad engine. Need to replace piston rings, rod and main bearings. I have bought many parts for Bobcat kubota engines and they were easy to find. When researching this engine, it turns out it is not kubota but a Bobcat D24NAP engine. Upon doing some more research, it looks like Doosan makes them for Bobcat. Does anyone know if these are parts that I absolutely have to get through Bobcat or can I get them somewhere else?

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882018-03-01 18:07

    i'd guess you're gonna have problems getting any internal engine parts for that engine. doosan's internal tolerances arent in the 0.000's (thousandth's) of clearance, they are in the 0.0000's ( ten's of thousandths) that new of a machine MAY still be under warranty. it might be worth checking into..

  2. #2maquinariawiebe2018-03-01 18:09

    I will have to check on that warranty. Leaning towards that it will not have warranty