Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 Fan ? Blower gearbox rebuild

KyMadMan ยท 2018-03-03 13:49

Decided to take care of the rock tumbler sounds coming from my Bobcat. I've torn down the fan / blower gearbox and it is obvious at least the bearings in the short housing need replacement. Also there seems to be the need for a couple more shims on one or both shafts. Before I get parts I want to check fitment of the bearings on the short housing. Are these bearings suppose to fit in the housing so tight as to need a press to remove and reinstall them or is it a snug fit on the tapered end side allowing them to be tapped out with a hammer and non-metal punch? I'm not sure if housing needs replacement or if I'm ok and good to go. The Service Manual states that the bearings may come out with the shaft but not sure what that actually means as far as needing a press to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for input suggestions etc. KMM

Replies3
  1. #1crewchief8882018-03-04 10:15

    we dont bother to rebuild the angle drives, buy a replacement. i dont think we've sold many parts for the angle drives, nobody wants to mess with them.

  2. #2KyMadMan2018-03-04 10:54

    What do you get for a replacement? I'm assuming this is strictly a BobCat item vs an aftermarket item. What is the cost on the replacement?

  3. #3crewchief8882018-03-04 14:23

    my guess i would be a dealer only item. but i have no idea.