Working on a Bobcat S650 with manual drive linkage. When started the left wheels creeps in reverse. I did not remove the assembly above that attach to the pintles above the motors, but they didn't look/feel too bad from what I could see and reach. I believe it is an adjustment issue. According to the service manual the Remote Start Service Tool and a locking grip c-clamp is needed to adjust the linkage, and I understand you want the unit blocked up so you can see the wheel movement etc. Does anyone have suggestions on an alternative to adjust the linkage, or how bad is it to do a trial and error where you turn the adjusting screw and drive it until you get it?
Can you post a pic of your pintle arms. I think I know what type you have but would be good to confirm.
I'm not on site, but this is a picture, from the service manual. Looks exactly like that. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Well, pic doesn't show me much because the pintle arms are hiding under that centering plate with the spring on the end. Anyhow, there's basically two types of pintle arms used by Bobcat in those years, either the one piece aluminum pintle arms or the two piece steel pintle arms. They adjust a little differently. Here's a thread that covers all that. It's fairly extensive, goes back to 2010, and the forum format has changed a number of times since then so what used to be full size pics in the thread are now small pics, you have to open the pic to see the larger view, but this thread pretty much covers adjusting a creeping Bobcat. > HeavyEquipmentForums