I have a Cat 299D3XE ser # 0299DLLB301940 with a Lift Cylinder Sensor code 350-3 (I believe that was it). I checked voltage at the sensor connector and only have 1.6V, When I checked the V at the yellow wire to a frame ground. I have 12V. I must have a bad ground somewhere, but cannot find where the harness comes out of the frame. Any help or knowledge where to trace it to is greatly appreciated.
That code is for the lift arm position sensor. A very common code. Check the harness from the sensor all the way down the arm and behind the the cab to were it plugs in on the fire wall. That harness gets damaged alot. The wires can break inside the insulation and you can't tell it from the outside. The attachment below should help.
The truncated electrical schematic shown in the troubleshooting procedure may not be sufficient to diagnose the code. If you want a complete electrical schematic just ask.
Easy fix, just hard to find. The ground black wire at the sensor harness had the connector pin slightly pushed upward enough to not make good ground. After searching multiple connectors of the full harness, we were brought back to the short sensor connector. Pushed the pin fully back in and the warning was gone!!! )
Everybody loves no parts required fixes like that, even if finding the cause can be somewhat time consuming.