just bought a new 2014 s650 a71 sjc and thought it was slow, so i took a gps with me and you have to be going down hill to get 6mph most of the time its 5.5-5.8 the book says 7.1. has anyone seen this before or is it false advertisment
Is that while running wide open throttle? I'm sure that's where they rate them.
We have one i have checked and i got 5 mph in low and 10 in high. Supposed to be 7 and 12.
yes thats wide open for 100 yards down gravel road, ive got 3 hours on it i think my s205 will run faster. i tried to call salesman he didnt answer. two speed would be nice. but i think its the slowest machine out there unless something is wrong. i was looking for at least 7.1 as advertised. had a 262 d cat, trying out at same time it will run its advertised speed[ i think ] but to big compared to bobcat [10" longer and 6" narrower] and do same thing and 7000.00 more. i like bobcat with 3300.00 agg rebate
reedo did you ask your salesman about it?
Brochure sez "Max speed", so maximum capability with largest tire option, empty bucket, full throttle, flat or downhill, wind at your back, tires fully inflated, normal operating temp, and best case perfect adjustment of engine and pumps. Or engineer's theoretical best case. I'm guessing it's the tire thing myself.
ya tire size is in there 12 x 16.5
our s570 with manual controls is definitely slower than advertised. i would say the jcb goes at least 3 mph faster in high range. i could probably flip the cab and adjust the linkage to get more speed out of it like i did on the last machine, but my guess is they do this so there is not uneven/premature wear on all of the linkages on the hydro seems to me pushing it to the max has a tendency to do that just based on my small amount of knowledge on the subject and tinkering on the old bobcat.
We took it in right away and had speed adjusted and tracking adjustments made. Recently i have noticed it is back to the same as before the adjustments as the speeds posted are from this week.
A little off topic but how did you like the cat 262d besides price difference? We are to the point we may start looking for something else and cat and deere have dealers nearby. Our other option may be to look for a new or lightly used 650 with a kubota engine. the doosan has been a nightmare for us as we put 80% of our hours on in the cold.
i liked the cat but its 10" longer and 6" narrower than bobcat, that was just to long for me to get turned in my feed bunks. [feed bunks on both sides of road] and bobcat had 3300.00 agg rebate. and both are rated the same. we had 5 degrees this morning with wind and it took a little over 2 minutes to go, so far im happy with everything but the speed. that cat will move as advertised may be a little faster. while switching attachments you cant see what is going on [big step right in front of cab]and the windshield wipper motor and door latch [each side and right in the middle of door]makes it where i cant see the corners of my 8' bucket, it had a backup camera but it has to cause you cant see out the back. i think the controls are more responsive and when you hit the two speed your in a wheely lol
Good info. Mie will primarily be in the woods and being able to work in and out of trees that are to be saved is important. And so is seeing the bucket which bobcat seems to be better with.
well another bobcat guy is suposed to call monday, they had me turn speed from 57% to 99% and didnt make a difference still around 5.5 mph. hope this can be fixed. i thought someone on here might know. it would be nice to hear of one that will run speed as advertised.
Thanks warbird. It Seems most brands in that size are longer than the bobcat and that is also very important to us. As far as the speed issue, we had ours adjusted right away for the speed and tracking. It made a huge difference but it seems it has gone back to how it was before the adjustment. According to the gps on my phone it does 5 mph in low and 10 in high again. Very noticeable compared to our 2009 s630!
Just a couple thoughts. Are you testing on gravel? I know that my machine obviously goes faster on pavement then gravel. ( Possible slipping?? Not sure) Second? Are you testing with or without a bucket. The video's on Bobcat's website are on pavement without buckets. I notice a difference between my snow push, snow bucket and regular bucket for speeds. I have also noticed that I sometimes have a slight right to left pressure on the controls while driving. It isn't enough movement to cause the arms to move, but I wonder if it doesn't affect the speed. Lastly, a gps on your phone may be accurate to within 3-5 meters/yards. Over a short distance this can make a substantial difference when it calculates speed. You may want to measure a distance and then have someone time you with a stop watch. It may make a difference. Just a couple of things to consider. I agree with the visibility being better in the Bobcat. I run beside a couple CAT's every once and a while and they do seem faster. However, my 10' snow push blows away there 8' angle blade. Best of luck.
i tested again today with bale spike on still under 6 mph on gravel gps from my truck and phone. truck is more accurate. dealer called today and is comming after it sometime this week he said they would redownload it[or fix it] and it will run 7.2mph. we'll see. i know it dont seem like that much but try to walk 2 mph lol its apr. 1.7 mph off.we got 7" of snow sat. night i wanted to go to town and push a little snow but its pretty slow so i didnt.
262D has been great here. Agg rebate? is that supposed to be an Ag rebate? You can see a lot better out of D than C (couldn't see at all) still not great though but better than it was, wasy to watch yellow latches, no big handles in the way. Rear vis is bad without camera. Controls are very responsive and without enough weight on front will do a wheelie too often, once I put the Tweels on ours calmed down a lot because of the added weight. Theres enough room to stash a lot of weight under the front in those. Since you have SJC controls I will assume that speed adjustment is for the creeper, wont affect your hi/low speeds.
thats right thats only for speed managment. that is Ag rebate now that i look it was 3700.00
Sounds like the dealer is helping out. That is at least good news. In a world were it is hit and miss for quality dealerships of any brand.
Yesterday i took the time and went to a Deere dealer, NH & kubota dealer, and a cat dealer. I only drove the Deere and cat machines comparable to the s650. In both cases I actually stopped and asked if the machines were in 2 speed. It was a major difference compared to our new s650! I can't believe how far off from spec the bobcat was.
i beleave the deer is 6.5mph and cat 7.7 mph. if a bobcat would run 7.1 it would be great [without 2 speed]
Just checked 262D with GPS today, 7mph in low, 12mph in high. Somebody on another forum was wanting his bobcat to go faster in low also, maybe it was you, it was someone scraping yards and said low was too slow but high would overheat it. I run high all the time as long as I dont need the rim pull, never gets warm. I wish Cat would make the two speed shift smoother on these. The 262C and 262C2 we had were just as bad, the B3's were really smooth and instant. Maybe they can reprogram it, haven't asked on this one.
its was'nt me all i do is feed cattle and push out lots hardly ever over half throttle until im empty, thats why i didnt want DPF and i owned bobcats all my life, [600 head yearlings year around and i dont own them lol] i hope i can get 7mph
When our 650 was delivered we were instructed to try not to run anywhere except full throttle. They stated short periods at half throttle should be fine but try not to idle too often. We run a broom at half throttle on sidewalks for snow removal and they told us it's ok but try not to run it too long at low throttle.
one of these days someone will make a programmer for these skid steers and we wont have to worry about all this [if they dont already have it] like a pickup thats first thing i do put eli live on it and delete the extras lol and let it run
What are your tires like? believe it or not I notice a big difference every time I put on new tires.
tires are new cdm123. dealer got it up to 6.6 and said it needs to be broke in and you realy have to work at it to get 6.6 thats with bucket, alot beter than it was
Glad to hear it's better! What did they have to do? Do you notice significant power loss when you are driving and moving the arms or bucket? Ours is terrible and most of its use is with a broom so far. Have not even worked it yet!
realy dont know the salesmen said they redownloaded it something about it must not of took the first time [software].they said it will get better after its broke in. [11 hours on it] i dont think the salesman knowes lol. i dont notice no power loss but all i do is scoop feed, and drive pipe. my bucket will hold 1500# of feed and silage bales are 2200# ill start paying more attention
We leased a brand new fully loaded (2spd) S650 for winter this yr. It had .5hrs on it when delivered. I checked it w/ gps & it was not going the listed speed it was suppose to in either gear. But after about 15 or so hrs it must have "broke in"....it nows goes as it should:beatsme
Interesting...
i did get use a gehl r220 yesterday with my gps lol and it will run 8mph
tired of changing fuel filters, cold sing flash and under 6mph so just ordered a 2016 cat 262d very expensive try out. lol a 2015 bobcat with 300 hours on it is hard to get your money back
We now have a little over 100 hours on our cat 262d and have been very pleased. So far this winter we have had absolutely no issues with the cold as we did with our 2015 bobcat last winter. It was costly having to sell off a new machine with 75 hours but has been worth the savings in headaches so far.
Sorry to dig up an old thread but can’t seem to find any info I’m looking for anywhere. I bought a used 2013 S650 with 3800hrs on it, my question is concerning the 2 speed...in first gear the drivetrain/hydraulics sound as they should while running around, when I kick it in 2 speed I get a fair amount of hydraulic growl while turning either way but nothing going straight forwards/backwards. Is it fairly normal on these machines to hear some noise or should I be concerned?
I've got a '13 S650 too. I get something very similar. Only in high speed, most noticeable when turning a bit. To me it sounds a bit more like chain noise/rattle than a hydraulic whine, but it's hard to tell. Everything seems to function great despite the noise. I figured it just normal at this point. Haven't had a chance to drive another to compare.
Well good to hear someone with a similar machine has the same noise I guess. It’s a hard sound to try and pinpoint whether it’s a mechanical part or hyd noise. Just hoping it’s the nature of the beast. Runs pretty normal to me also
I've only got 750 hrs on mine, so if you are at 3800 and it still works, it must just be the nature of this beast.
The only thing I hadn’t tackled on this machine as far as servicing so far was at least checking the level of the oil in the chain case, mine was about 8L low and I filled it on as level of a surface as I could until it was just trickling out and went for a test run and noise is gone. Nice of the dealer I bought the machine off of to have a look at one of the easiest things to check when they told me it was going to be inspected heavily before I purchased it.