Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat s650 vs s300

Deputy Swan ยท 2018-09-25 07:15

I own a small landscaping company and need to buy a bobcat, have rented several in past, just sold my compact tractor and have a $30k budget for a good used machine. I been looking at some lower hours s300 bobcats. My dad has one on farm and he likes it and I like using it, that said the s650 has way better visibility and I hear he Kubota Motar has lot less issues? Any advice would be welcomed. Machine will be used for dirt work, grading, demo jobs and snow removal.

Replies2
  1. #1mountainlake2018-09-30 19:41

    My neighbor farmer has a 650, said he had a lot of trouble with the emissions bs Steve

  2. #2phil3142018-10-01 12:22

    S650 and S300 are slightly different machines. The S650 is more in line with an S250. Those were the 2 machines I have been looking at. The S300 is bigger with more lift capacity. So if you want a bigger machine then probably the S300 would be a good choice. If you want a slightly smaller machine then an S650 or S250 would be a better fit. Don't get me wrong they aren't small machines, just smaller than an S300. I ended up getting a 2013 S650 and it's been fantastic so far. It's got the kubota engine and simple emission, so I expect it to be very reliable. The 2014 and newer S650 have the Doosan engine with more complicated fuel and emission systems. I've heard they've had some problems they are working out. That's why I went with a 2013.