I have a case 1845c that has decided to start leaking from the spools on top of the tandem pump. The access is easy and I have already removed and inspected the spool shafts. They both look to be in good condition. I have not removed the sleeves yet. I understand I will need to replace the seals but from what I read everyone recommends to for sure replace the shafts. They are not the cheapest part out there so im wondering if anyone has some experience with this before I order my parts, Thanks
I think it would really depend on what you use it for and how bad was the leak. personally if it were mine I would just replace the seals.
I would agree with happygolucky, for the price of a few seals or o'rings just replace them. Then if it still leaks go for the shafts. If this is a repair you are doing for someone else then maybe recommend the shafts be replaced up front. But if just for a personal use machine you can save the money if things look pretty good. If I read the parts page on Case the last 1845C was built in 2001 so if just replacing the seals gets you half that much time before they start leaking again are you going to be upset at having to do the job again in say 9 years?
I ordered just the seal kit should have it done by next week will keep you updated
WHERE DID YOU BUY THIS SEAL KIT?
I purchased the seals from my local case dealer. I also posted a video a while back of the repair.
I am having a hard time finding the seal kit. Dealer here wants me to buy the whole kit for the pump which is 300
Be sure to check your serial number. Parts 24,25,28,29 are what I replaced https://avspare.com/catalog/case/52343/39145/336931/