Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat s70 bucket curl sticking

tyler@chamberlainbackhoe · 2022-04-14 16:40

I had an s70 come in with a leak and bucket curl function sticking. The leak was from the bucket curl spool seal. I removed valve and resealed the valve. Did not notice any damage to spool or bore. I put everything back together and the bucket curl function was still sticking. I noticed that the bind was at the spool itself. Any idea what is causing this?

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-04-15 08:02

    Welcome to HEF, Tyler ! Sometimes rotating a spool 180° will help. Was the guide bushing in good condition ? Is the spring in good condition ? Maybe a mod will move your question to the skid steer forums. You will have a better chance of getting some help there.

  2. #2tyler@chamberlainbackhoe2022-04-15 18:51

    Hello, and thank you for the reply. Spring and guide were in good condition. I will try to rotate the spool. One last thing I left out in the original post is that the spool moves freely with engine off (or no hydraulic pressure). It only binds when hydraulic pressure is in the valve. Also, Ill have to check out the skid steer forums, thanks again.

  3. #3cody.cosgrove2024-06-04 22:21

    I have one here with the issue Do you work out what it was

  4. #4tyler@chamberlainbackhoe2024-06-04 22:41

    Yes, it was the detent. Basically the cap of the valve spool. It gets burred on the inside causing the spool to stick. It was part number 7101345 for the machine I was working on.