Hello, I have a John Deer 690 E LC that keeps running at max speed. It will not idle down on the keypad. How do I fix it. Can not find a tag with what the year is. Any help would would be appreciated.
Welcome to HEF, Victor ! A serial number and any codes it is showing wil be needed for any help by mg2361. He is the John Deere Master Tech here !
Welcome to HEF Victor ! Year is useless, just a serial number please. Serial plate should be on the right side of the cab at the bottom, near the front. The linkage between the throttle actuator and the injection pump OK? Seized? Does everything else work OK? Engine speed lights (I,L,E,P) change when pushing the buttons? Are you handy with a voltmeter? Unfortunately with the 690E only some basic checks can be performed with the voltmeter. Dealer proprietary software is the only way to get codes or perform diagnostics in any in-depth manner. So in the end the Victor may need to call the dealer.
Hello and thank you for the response, The serial number is DW690EL548711. The key pad is working. All the engine speed lights are working. I am going to check the linkage. I pressure washed around the awing pump to repair hydraulic leak and then after that is when I had issues.
Then I would start with cleaning any connections that may have gotten wet.