Hi everyone, I bought a Bobcat s510 a couple of weeks ago on Iron Planet, and the machine has a CODE M4028 on the display. This code is saying this: "WRONG ECU DETECTED". The machine starts and runs, have not tested it for a longer period of time, just loaded and unloaded it from my trailer. I looked at the ECU and it does not appear that it was ever removed from the machine and the model of the ECU matches the model of the Engine and the HP Do you think that with the Service Analyzer Software I will be able to fix the issue? I did talk to my local Bobcat and they said they charge $140 an hour and it might take them who knows how long to troubleshoot and update the firmware, but at least two hours, so I decided to order the Remote Start/Interface box and the cable that connects to the machine, that did cost around $1050, The other cable that connects to the laptop seems like a standard serial cable and I did not order it because I have some of those laying around. I am so far underwater on this machine that I can never get the money I paid for it. I wish Iron Planet wrote that code in the description since it comes up on the start up of the machine and their inspector writing the report saw it. I guess part of life is getting screwed, can't always come on top. There are two more modules looking like the engine ECU and they are located underneath the cab on the same sidewall as the fuse box. One of them seems to have been removed, because the bolts are very loose and it is missing a bolt. I just looked it up and it is part#7260936 which is a Gateway controller. The dirt collection on this module matches the the module next to it, so I am not sure if replaced or not, maybe it was with an old used one. Any thoughts and ideas will be greatly appreciated! Does anyone have the service software to share?? Thank you!!!
I’ve seen this code on some bobcat excavators for no reason. Opererators didn’t notice a difference. When I was at bobcat it was explained to me and I may be a bit off. The ecm file is also stored in the gateway control in the case of a ecm failure to the point of not copying the data off to transfer to the next which I’ve had. This could all be possible with just service analyzer. A dealer with a swift guy on a laptop should be able to straighten it out with in a few hours. Should be able to grab the file and re install it. Bobcat can also send a file for the ecm. I hope I’m not telling you a lie on all this. The regional service rep explained it to me when i was working at bobcat
Thank you Mbar! I am waiting on to get the service analyzer software. One member from different forum promised to send me one and am waiting. From what you are saying it makes sense if they changed the gateway. I will post an update once I try it.