im no operator! but i owned one of those "teramite" backhoes ,at the time! and i had a landscaper come in t o do finish work around my new construction house!he was a real good guy!we had tons of fill dirt trucked in!the landscaper guy had many yards of fill brought in to do the grade!he was country folk and loved him as a good guy,in the buisness!he was good! showed me how to start, run the bobcat, and said have fun, ill be back tomorrow to get this plac.e ,done! the pedal for bucket movements , and hand steer , was opposite of my teramite, which was , foot pedal for motion ,and levers for loader or backhoe! i did keep running for the weekend! and still wonder why there hasnt become a standerd, in this department?
For a long time, Bobcat was the standard in skid steer control. That has been changing over the past few years with the introduction of pilot controls, and I'd put money on the Cat pattern with all motor controls on the left lever and boom and bucket on the right. It's a very user friendly pattern and is easy to learn.
I love both CAT and Bobcat patterns. Case is a little trickier, especially the newer electronic style, at least to me. The old mechanical/hydraulic Case controls were a little more forgiving in rough terrain, imo. Pilot controls are the way of the future, life is even easier when you have a foot throttle for prescision work and a lever style throttle for running full out for pushing hard and running long. Most may think I'm nuts, but given the opportunity,a better pay scale,pilot control, enclosed cab w/ AC and heat and I'd run one until I retire. They are too much fun.
is pilot control, the joy stick thing?
yup, steering on the left joystick. push ahead move forward, pull back is reverse. push left skid left, push right skid right. Or you could split between the four directions and turn ie: ahead left will turn you left, back and left will back to the left.same same for right. Boom and bucket control is on the right joystick. pull back/ boom up. push ahead /boom down. push left/curl down. push right/ curl up. ahead and left is boom down/ bucket down, back and right is boom up /curl up. whew...my brain hurts from all that thunkin and tipin' ointhead hope that helps!
Hi all. I just had a chance to try the cat for the first time. It's a video game. Just like you would use a PS3 controller, left stick to move your guy, right stick to aim I am looking to pick up a unit and looking at the 727c 767c Either way, It was simple simple simple. Of course it takes time to get good, and then become an artist.....but I could sure run it. *total time to date on a skidsteer 15min* :notworthy any of you guys want advice just ask
Wow a little off in those model numbers * I am a pilot by trade...it's an easy mistake* I mean 262c and 272c Cheers Tim