Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat snow blower

chtucker ยท 2008-02-08 20:29

Does erskine still make the Bobcat brand skid steer snow blower? The one that I used last winter had a goofy cable system to rotate the chute. When shaking the blower to clear a clog the chute wanted to self destruct.... Does anyone make a narrow, but taller snow blower? Most of them are 33" or so tall... I was thinking double auger, but only 6' wide... On a side note, does anyone have pictures of snow wolf snow tires?

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2008-02-08 23:28

    The Quick Attach/Erskine blower has a chain drive on the chute that is operated by a electric/hyd motor. They make a 6' model that is taller although it is not dual auger (don't think I have ever seen one). The taller models are high flow models (2418). They are an excellent blower.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2008-02-09 18:59

    Shaking the blower to clear the chute will put undue stress on any blower, it is better to shut down and manually clear it. KSSS' description is accurate, I have a 2418 on my skid steer. I don't think a skid steer will have enough horsepower nor a discharge chute big enough to warrant dual augers.

  3. #3MikeS2008-03-15 01:05

    Any one use their blowers to shoot the snow into trucks

  4. #4turfguy19692008-03-25 09:41

    we have two erskine. one on a Cat 287B and one on Posi trac Rc -60 both have done a fine job. lots of adjustments