Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Asphalt paver attachment

ASPHALT04 ยท 2008-03-09 23:28

Has anyone ever heard of a asphalt paver attachment for on the front of a skid loader?

Replies8
  1. #1jimmyjack2008-03-10 00:11

    i seen one in a mag one time , looks good if you had a lot of trench work. with that said again only seen pics never seen it. the paving company i work at we just used a sidewalk paver when doing long trench patches

  2. #2ASPHALT042008-03-10 00:22

    I pave a lot of railroad crossings that are only 8' for track to existing road and no way to get paver sideways in hole. I drew up a plan for one just wondering if I should invest the couple grand and the time to build it. If it works I 'm definity going for a patten. If not I got a 1500lbs boat anchor! I think I have seen the one your talking about and this is going to be completely different.

  3. #3ASPHALT042008-03-23 19:50

    Well, I bit the bullet and started building it. Hopefully it Quits snowing here soon and I can test it out. If nothing else I might have some pics of how not to build one!

  4. #4jkiser962008-05-08 19:14

    How is the build going? That sounds like a new idea that if works would definitely be patented.

  5. #5TriHonu2008-05-30 09:56

    I was looking at a couple of trailers by Big Lake, MN a number of years ago. The guy selling them told me he had designed a paver attachment for a skid steer loader. I have never seen one advertised anywhere.

  6. #6TriHonu2008-07-06 17:05

    I just found this Video of a paver attachment. It was designed and built by the Public Works Department in Cottage Grove Mn.

  7. #7EqmtRunr2008-07-07 16:41

    Thats pretty darn cool:notworthy :cool2 I could see where that could have other uses too like a mini roadwidener for shoulders on small jobs. Now if only i could talk my foreman into letting us build one!:beatsme :ban

  8. #8ASPHALT042008-07-11 08:19

    The idea that I'm using works more like a conventional paver screed. I have most of the material collected to build it; however not enough hours in a day right now. I have a mechanic starting for me in about a week, so if he gets slow I'll put him on starting it. If worst comes to worse it always a good winter project.