Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat SSL Ride Control

CatTractorDerek ยท 2009-06-04 13:48

Does anyone own a Bobcat SSL with ride Control?. Does it still require you to manually open and close the valve in the engine compartment to make it work? I heard from a Bobcat operator you don't have too. From what I've seen you still do....HELP

Replies7
  1. #1Dozer282009-06-05 20:33

    The Ride Control does have a On/Off valve in the rear of the machine. My friend has a T320 that has Ride Control and it came turned on from the dealer and I he typically just leaves it on. They can install a quick switch in the cab but it is not standard when you order ride control. Hope this helps.

  2. #2dogboneshd2009-06-07 08:24

    Question.........what is the function of the ride control....just curious

  3. #3curbside2009-06-07 22:34

    The ride control helps keep the bounce out of the machine. When you carry material in the bucket and you drive over a bump you can see the loader arms flex at the cylinders maybe a inch or so. That way they use the weight of the bucket and material to help absorb the bumps. It works a little in the bobcats and you can notice the difference. If you have a suspension T320 it wouldn't be worth getting. Most modern wheel loaders have ride control in them. Makes for quite a pleasant ride in the machine. Without ride control you can bounce your head off the roof on bumpy roads.

  4. #4KSSS2009-06-09 23:32

    I have been ordering it on all my machines since '99. I would not own a machine without it. On the CASE machines you hold a button in when you want it on. I can travel at high speed with a full bucket over rough ground and not lose any material and not damage your internal organs. RC is a production multiplier for sure. I would not be without it.

  5. #5nzpatch2009-06-10 02:07

    do cat have that in there ssl's? my 216 dos'nt?

  6. #6PDG X2009-06-10 08:15

    It's available on the new C-Series CAT's. It turns on above about 3 mph automatically when switched on. Works great.

  7. #7Losingweight2009-06-12 21:41

    Is computer behind seat Bobcat 436 what controls this, and is it watertight?