OK, I ordered a service manual from the dealer, but it has not been delivered yet, so here is a basic question. What is the "Normal" amount of hours between oil changes on a BC 863. I know there are a lot of variables to consider but I am just looking for a general rule of thumb. I was thinking it was around 200 but wanted to be sure.:idea Thanks!
Where I was working we did 250 hours on the skidsteer and all the other machines. I work for a rental company now and we do every 100 but thats the extreme side..(we all know how well rental stuff is taken care of).
Air, oil, and fuel filters every 250 hours. All that plus hydraulic at 500, then the big one every 1000. Some people stretch the inner air filter change to every 500, depends on the environment.
Lynger: 100 hours is good for rental equipment because they are so well taken care of by whomever rents it. We do some services for local rental companies. One place had a Case with 600 hours on it, in that short time it had gasoline in the fuel tank 3 times, someone put diesel in the hydraulic tank. He brought it in last week and the engine was seized, found all kinds of sand in the engine.
lol I've seen gas in the diesel tank a few times...not just at this rental company either(you would think the diesel only sticker woud have been a good hint ointhead) It does seem that rental equipment has a shorter life span. I think your service manual should tell you something like bustedknuckle has already mentoned. You will have different fluids/filters to change a different intervals...250, 500, 1000 etc.
OK, thanks! Thanks all for the info!:thumbsup
there's no writing on the inside of the tailgate? thats were the info is on my 773 g series
Ain't that the truth! The most used phrase by someone returning a rental machine; "it was like that when it was delivered it to us..."
manual here I received my service manual from the dealer today. Great information with lots of descriptive pictures. Well worth the money!:yup
when i did oil changes for a bobcat dealer we went every 250 hours. all depends on what you do with the machine. if you load/unload freight on pavement 99% of the time you could go longer. if you use it in the dirt then more frequent. oil and filter are cheap when you think about the cost of a motor.