Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat steering bushing help

demetrios007 ยท 2019-01-28 13:04

had alot of slop in my steering bushings and while working on the machine I figured id swap them I had ordered the kit for the steering and pedal bushing. no problem getting old out, the rubber and the metal surround were seperated a few taps and I got the metal 'sleeve" out. Now how do I get them in properly? I got the left one in 90% of the way using a C clamp and having 1 stick bungeed back to the seat, but the other side leaves no room for a clamp and I bent the bar on clamp trying to press it in. Is the right way to remove the seat pan and undo it all and take out of machine and press them in w the shop press? I cant see an easier way or is there a tool for this stiff. thanks for anyone that can give some insight. Its a F series BTW doesnt have the strut/shock absorbers either for the steering stick/bar just basic this is the bushings that are right under the front of seat when you lift cab up they connect the long bars back to the hydro block to the steering sticks

Replies1
  1. #1DIYDAVE2019-01-29 21:22

    Can you fit a bolt, and some sockets to press it the last little bit?