I have a john deere 260 skid steer in cold weather I have to leave the key on about Six or seven minutes before it will even crank over there is a light on next to seatbelts light when it goes off ot starts cranking over once its started it starts no problem any pointers
Not familiar with this machine but sounds something like this description: Could be if you don't let it cycle through as directed above it actually takes longer. Either that or possibly the air preheater is not working right of the sensor that may be in the system is not working. Have you checked the operators manual on proper starting procedure. If you don't have an operators manual I would strongly suggest getting one ASAP. One can learn all kinds of important things by reading the operators manual. Some will save you time, some will save you money and some may even save your life!
Thank you much I'll look into that
If you mean the light in the cluster attachment (highlighted) then that is the engine over temperature light. Second attachment is from the operators manual explaining the over temp operation.
It's the light next to the parking light on the top picture in the instrument cluster not sure why it would be the temp when the machine hasn't been running