I had to pull my motor and pumps again this fall on the S300 because the fuel tank cracked. While it was out, I freshened up the (4) steering bushings, reset neutral, and adjusted for max travel. Everything is runs like it should. Now that I have new bushings in the levers are stiff not a big deal there actually like that part, but when I let off the levers its like the centering springs isn't quite strong enough to fully pull it back to neutral. If I let go, they get close but it will creep in whichever direction I was going when I let off. Is it simply a matter of having the 3/8 bolts that go through those bushings and linkage too tight? They are not locking nuts so I was worried vibrations would shake them loose and I might loose steering while using it. I have never had a new machine that had tight steering so I am not sure how it is supposed to feel with the new bushings in it. Any thoughts or advice?
yea your bolts are probably too tight.
Thanks, I will back them off a bit and probably put some slotted top lock nuts on them meant to hold against strong vibrations (probably over kill but I won't have to worry)
occasionally, i use the crimp type locking nuts...