Hey Guys, I have a problem with my t 180 when you go to hit enter on the deluxe pad the normal beep goes off then followed by two more beeps then the seat bar light blinks two times then a pause then two more and so on. It did throw a 11-05 code which means a seat bar sensor short to battery. I tested the v on the three blue wires going to the sensor and I get 8 v on one 11.7 on one and 0 on the other one. I think the 11.7 should only be about 5 v or so. I am thinking this is my culprit wire that is getting shorted out but why would it have that many volts? I did take the sensor out after fighting those dam springs in the seat bar for many hours... but it looked fine to me no wobbles or slop , so I put it back and now I have checked what wiring I can get to and it seems ok but who knows you really can't see very much of the wiring anyways. So now what? can I check power at a different area maybe the controller or so I am not really sure where the 3 blue wires even go. It looks like the harness goes up in the head liner towards the front left side? It has been very rainy here lately too and extremely humid maybe this would have done something as well. I did check the normal relays and fuses under the seat area between your legs. Any one ever have this issue? any help would be appreciated . thanks in advance .
Ok, got some more info but I have not fixed any thing yet. I looked at a schematic and the three blue wires on the seat bar sensor are as follows A is no volts which is a ground , B is 12.4 volts which is not so posed to be nothing when its off it is the signal wire and should only get power when seat bar goes down,C is for incoming power and should have 8 volts . I am not sure where the 8 volts comes from tho. When the three blue wires go to the harness the travel down through the cab and thats as far as I got so far. So I have one wire that makes the code come on and flash and I think it must be the B wire I feel this is the signal wire and should not have 12.4 v as soon as I hit enter on the pad, I am thinking more like between 5 and 8 ish v when the switch is satisfied. It actually has 12.4 v all the time , so would'nt you think it is the culprit? so how is it getting power , do you really think that it would be rubbing on something like another wire?