Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T 190 (2007) temp. press bar meters ( gauges)

slowstep ยท 2013-01-06 09:14

Anyone have any insight on Increment of measure-of bars on gauges , for example Hydrualic pressure bars = how much psi - temperature 3 bars = what temp (fahrenheit or centigrade). or do you just look at meter and say thats running close to center and that is ok or should you be aware of what these actual readings are. to perform proper maintenance. thanks

Replies8
  1. #1crewchief8882013-01-06 12:28

    i'm assuming you have a deluxe RH panel? :drinkup

  2. #2slowstep2013-01-06 14:47

    Crewchief not familiar with the term RH panel does that refer to keyless panel . yes that is what I have. ? Does each bar represent a value? thanks

  3. #3crewchief8882013-01-06 16:15

    i've never heard of the individual bars equalling any specific temp or pressure, or voltage since you have the deluxe panel, you can see actual temp, pressure and volts on another screen, i believe it says "machine vitals" or something similar :drinkup

  4. #4slowstep2013-01-06 16:53

    Thanks crewchief I will check for that screen tomorrow and tell you what I find.

  5. #5slowstep2013-01-08 19:48

    crewchief located the vital read out that helps , I'm getting a oil pressure reading at 2000 rpm at 43 is that normal ? or is that a little on the low side.

  6. #6crewchief8882013-01-08 19:54

    all depends on engine temp weight of the oil 43psi @ operating temp dont sound bad to me. you'll probably see 60 at startup, anything below 20 or so (even at an idle) and you'll be kicking up warnings, and an eventual low oil pressure shut down down around 15-17 psi. :drinkup

  7. #7LWG2013-01-08 21:14

    That's about what my T-200 is (I know it's a slightly different engine). I see 20-22 at idle on a hot day, and 35-40 at higher RPM. I was running 5W-40 Diesel synthetic, but I thought that was a little thin. I went to 15W-40 Redline Diesel synthetic. I know that the bigger number is the same, and when at operating temperature the viscosity between the two should be similar, but it doesn't seem to work that way, the thicker oil seems to generate high pressure, even when hot.

  8. #8slowstep2013-01-09 07:02

    thanks Crewchief and LWG for the info that makes me feel a little better, thought I might have been running a little low on oil pressure.