Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T180 Throttle handle slip

BeerMeDean ยท 2012-10-13 10:16

Hi Guys, First time here. Hope you can help. My T180 throttle started slipping about 10 hours ago...you put it to full throttle and drive forward and it seems like the spring mechanism (or whatever) pulls it back to 1/2 throttle. It is becoming quite annoying...and before I call my dealer, I thought I'd give this a shot. I went through and tightened down most of the bolts on the linkage and handle...most were pretty tight. Then I used the torsion screw adjustment by the handle and that didn't seem to help the slippage...only adjusted the throttle position. Any thoughts? Thanks, Nick

Replies1
  1. #1BDFT2012-10-13 22:29

    If memory serves, (and it may not), there are two (one?) allenhead bolts under a cover where the throttle lever mounts. If you tighten them that will tighten a little friction clutch in the lever pivot mechanism that hold the lever where you leave it.