I am working on a T190 with joy stick controls. The owner says it has a history of troubles with the electronics. Currently the machine will travel but all bucket controls are non functional. The hydraulic control light does not light either. It does have an ACS code of 39-13 and the left joystick does not function side to side in any mode. I have checked voltage an operation of lockout solenoid valve and all is functional. Where do I look next? Can the joysticks be diagnosed and repaired?
Well, I can tell you that the code 39-13 corresponds to 'Left CAN Joystick _ No Communication' (CAN being Closed Area Network) but that very likely means a cable/connection issue, I will guess.. and with that Error, I believe as a safety issue, the brain will then not allow any functions other than basic movement.. Without the proper Bobcat Remote Diagnosis Tool it is a matter of 'doing what you are comfortable with/know how to' with any normal DVM sort of tools to see if you have a wire break or corroded connector, I suspect other wiser people will follow here and may give more specific areas to check, but likely where the loom off the control arm pivots is a good place to start **and they will possibly ask What Year the machine is, at that time, if they have useful info it may differ by year** _ and as always, if attempting much of these repairs yourself/ it is a machine you may see often, having a proper Service Manual will likely be invaluable, and really not that expensive as I recall _ Good Luck!!
is the joystick base round or square? :drinkup
The joystick has a square base. I have it in the shop but I have been busy out in the field so I haven't had time to look into it yet.
check all the harness connections first. i'm willing to bet the joystick itself is gonna need replacement :drinkup