Hello all, I am new here and could really use some help on getting my dead cat 226 into my garage. Is there a relief valve or something to make it free wheel ?
Apart from dismantling the chain cases and removing the chains there is no way to get the machine to freewheel. If you want to move it dead it will have to be dragged.
Use a double line (with snatch block = $50 from northern tool) winch method to pull the machine slowly onto a trailer, this puts the winch into a slower & stronger pull. Or you can simply call on a reputable towing service. I've heard of some guys lightly oiling down the steel deck on a trailer to ease the dragging a little bit. It really sounds absurd, but as long as it works & doesn't destroy anything, you should be ok.
I always used a big forklift to load and transport them.
Why is it not operable?
I had a similar problem a few months ago. I ended up replacing the engine while the skid was in a pasture. It helped to put a 4x8 sheet of plywood behind it to use as a smooth workspace and to stay out of the mud/grass.
Hi guys. I dont have much experience other than my Toyota skidsteer, but late last year i had an issue with its drive motors, undone the hyd
Continue... I undone the hydraulic hoses and the machine freewheeled to my shed. I collected the oil obviously, made a bit of a mess, though it did move. (sorry bout the continued message, clumsy fingers.)