Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T190 foot control issue, maybe?

bigboytoy ยท 2017-05-19 18:23

I have a 2006 T190 with foot controls. The tilt on the right foot is easy and smooth to engage. However the left foot control which has more linkage is stubborn. It is difficult if not almost impossible to raise and or lower the arm smoothly. When looking at the movement I see it travels about a half of an inch then it jumps (break through?) jerking the arm up or down a quick foot. I have changed all points of linkage with no help. I have removed the detent springs and ball on the spool. Its seems like pressure is tightening the spool. I am going to remove the BICs lock out solenoid in case it is hanging up? More RPM it jumps even more. with a load it bounces me around pretty good. I know I should buy a cat, but $$$$. Is this normal any ideas people?Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1willie592017-05-19 22:09

    I've you're quite certain all the pivot points in the linkage are operating freely then you could have a bent or damaged valve spool. Once you remove the BICS spool lock solenoid for the loader control spool (left pedal), disconnect the linkage that connects to the spool and remove the rubber dust boot at the front of the spool. Now remove the cap at the rear of the spool. Remember, you have to remove the snap ring at the rear of the cap, otherwise you'll pull the spool out. Once you have removed these items you should be able to move the spool with ease toward the rear. You won't be able to easily move the spool forward because of the spring. If you can't move the spool with ease there's something wrong there.