Hoping someone here has come across this problem: Machine starts fine when cold. Once warmed up, the start panel (keyless) will not come on when yellow button is pressed. If I hold the yellow button down, the bobcat logo will come on the screen, but it goes off when I let go. If I let the machine sit 30 minutes or so, everything works as it should. Things I’ve done: 1.Load tested battery and connections. 2.Jump starter when the screen won’t come on. 3.changed out start relay in fuse panel. 4. Looked for any loose connections or chafed wire looms. Any suggestions? Should I try changing out the start panel? Any help is appreciated!
It may be that your yellow button is going out. They are pretty cheap buttons. Unfortunately, that is one of the buttons you have to have, unlike say a 0-9 button for the start code. My S250 has done the same thing a time or two, where the logo shows up and then disappears. Luckily, it has always come back on. There is a thread on here about someone rebuilding one side or the other of the instrument panels. If you do end up replacing the right side panel, you will have to know the machines master code or take it to a dealer.
Thanks a bunch for this, I appreciate it. I see a service on Ebay that is offering to repair the panel, maybe I will see what they can do.
I should have also added that another option would be to go back to a key start panel, if you don't need the keyless. In that case, you would have to downgrade the keyless panel (obviously, you would have to do this when the panel is working properly). There is a function in one of the menus to do this. I'd recommend you read up on that before attempting as you could accidently disable the machine and have to call the dealer out.