Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T190 hub oil qusestions?

Hardline ยท 2009-12-06 12:27

I have a customer that just picked up a T190 with 920hrs to add to his fleet of tire skid steers. This is the first track machine that I have got to do any work on. We serviced the machine and I had heard about the "special" oil that was need for the drive hubs. The Bobcat dealer said the 6 oz bottle was enough to do both sides. So I picked a 6 oz bottle up on the way and did them also. The right side I got about enough oil to fill a thimble to come out. The left side was more. But while filling them I could not get more than about 1.5 oz in each side. Out of the 6 oz bottle I still have about half of it left over. 1. Did I do something wrong? Should it have taken more than this? 2. If this is all that it takes what exactly does this oil lubricate? I would like to know more about this system. Thanks JJ

Replies1
  1. #1bustedknuckle2009-12-06 16:01

    That's about right. T140, 180 and 190's call for 45 ml. per side, which is about 1.5 ounces. The bottle you bought is 180 ml., which is perfect for the large frame track loader motors (each of those hold 90 ml.).