Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T190 Hydraulic Issues

benswaim ยท 2026-05-11 14:48

I posted on here about my Komatsu D57 awhile back and the members of this forum helped me out a lot so now I am hoping yall can lead me in the right direction on my Bobcat T190. I bought this machine with issues and I do not know much history on it. I read on this forum about guys having cylinder head issues and their machines blowing black smoke really bad. I had that issue. I bought a Kubota head and got rid of the chinese head and that fixed that issue. Engine runs fine now. My lift and tilt functions have good power but my machine bogs while driving. At full throttle, you can push the levers all the way forward (it is hand/foot control not a joy stick machine) and the machine will bog down to about 1200 rpm. It just falls on its face. The levers feel like they have a lot of resistance compared to my other standard control machines. I am not sure if the machine is trying to drive through the brakes. It has a Bobtach and the bobtach is sticking closed. It will open but as soon as you let off the open button it immediately closes. I read on another thread this is more than likely due to either the gear pump failing or drive motors failing and sending trash through the system. My bucket tilt function will also stick from time to time. My charge pressure at 1000 rpm is 214psi. I saw on another thread I need to check it at high rpm so I will check that tonight. My question is where do I start? What is the best thing to test first? How do I narrow it down? My current plan was to try to tackle the Bobtach issue and the tilt issue first then go from there, but the bobtach looks absolutely horrible to work on so I hate to fix the stem on it then more trash go through and mess it up again. The main belt seems to be tight. The machine has already had the fuel pickup, the fuel pump, fuel solenoid and fuel injectors replaced. That is about all I know about its history. Machine SN is 519315291 Machine has around 2200 hours. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1benswaim2026-05-12 06:22

    I warmed the machine up and at idle my charge pressure is around 185psi and at full throttle it is around 253psi. The 214 psi I saw previously was when the machine was cold. Thanks