Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T190 Loader Lift Arm Repair

Brooksjj ยท 2021-02-27 22:40

I have a few failed welds on the lift arms of a T190 track loader. Does anyone have a good handle on what grade steel Bobcat uses on their lift arms. The way the steel is broken it seems to be hardened to some extent. I want to make sure that I use the correct steel plate and rod.

Replies4
  1. #1Sberry2021-02-28 12:43

    7018 or wire. I doubt it's much better than A36. I use what I have for repair. If you need to do heavy multi pass weld get 10# of 7018 in a sealed can, open and weld it out. If it's heavy, 3/4 or better warm it up some. 150 or so for that and bit more if it's thicker. Lots of big heavy welds get ready so u not hungry or tired and weld it out once u start. Not a great example here, just a pic i have shows it can be done dc buzzer and 1/8 electrode.

  2. #2terex herder2021-02-28 14:47

    Isn't that steering arm supposed to bolt on?

  3. #3Brooksjj2021-02-28 17:52

    Thanks for the feedback!

  4. #4Sberry2021-02-28 19:37

    Ya it is, was all booged, both parts.