Looking for some help on my 2007 Bobcat T190 (2580-ish hours). When i get in the cab and press the yellow Run/Enter button on the keyless right hand panel, the panel lights up with the bobcat logo and the left hand panel lights up and starts the glow plug countdown. It counts 09,08 then your hear a relay click and all power to both panels is lost. it will do this 100 times in a row if you keep trying. Instead of waiting, if you quickly hit the start button, the engine will start and then immediately lose electrical power again and the engine dies. The panel wont stay on long enough to even try to pull codes. I have taken down the head liner, inspected the harness. Checked all fuses and relays beneath the seat. Checked the battery voltage and connections. Checked, cleaned, reinstalled the Main 100A fuse. Checked the main harness connection under the cab. The only corrosion i found was at the auxiliary wiring connection at the harness connection point near the battery. Any ideas on what to trouble shoot next? Thank you!
UPDATE: I brought both LH and RH overhead panels inside the house last night. I tried plugging them back in today just to see what happens. The machine started right up and is running completely normally today. Its possible that the panels got some moisture in them and were able to dry out overnight inside the house. I sort of hate this machine. Thanks!
Seems the keyless panels will act up more when it's cold. Probably on the way out. . .
It could be temperature related in some cases but its been in the 70's here for days. In my particular case i think it may be more of a moisture/condensation issue as we have had heavy rains recently.
Especially if the keypad or controller has cracks to let moisture in. The keyless start panels are rather problematic, and often act like you describe.
I think like you said its only going to get worse. I will have ISOSCELL refurbish my keyless panel unless people think swapping in a keyed panel is the better route.
If both panels are going dark you need to check your C408 connector. Raise the cab, locate the cab harness that runs down the lower frame bulkhead behind the cab. Follow that harness down until you find a connector that connects the cab harness to the frame harness, that's the C408 connector. Break the connector and look for signs of corrosion or bad terminal connections. It would be red or red/white wires, that's power to the cab. Even worse, I had a T300 I chased around various sites for 3 months would do the same thing, but when I showed up it worked flawless. Finally one day it died. Found the problem was power was going into the C408, but wasn't coming out the other side, yet the internal pins/sockets looked good, had to be a problem with the wire crimp inside the connector. Fitted a jumper wire of that wire to jump around that connection, had no more issues with that machine.
Im having pretty much the same issue with a 2009 T320, press ok and the panel lights up for as long as you hold it. Dies as soon as you let go. If you hold it down the right screen never gets past displaying the bobcat logo and shows B>D. ( tx/Rx communication issue). Going through all the diag/trouble shooting steps everything points to a bad left panel. When I check the tx/rx wires for issue they fail testing unless the left panel is unplugged. If I unplug left panel I have 60ohms on can Hi/can low. If I plug in the left panel that goes to 40ohms. If i ohm the pins on the left panel itself can H & L when checked to ground both show 14K ohms which should be OL or Mega ohms. If I pin it to the cH and CL pins it shows 120 ohms, which as far as I have been reading should be more like 28K ohms. Only a cool $1400 or so for a new panel so thats cool.
I had to get a new "computer" for mine. Started where "push to operate" would randomly not work, then eventually only if warm, so winter was fun. And it fully quit after about 2 or 3 years of that.
After reading some of the comments here, I decided to send my RH panel to ISOSCELL. They were able to diagnose and fix the panel the same day it arrived at their location in South Carolina. The tracking says it should be delivered back to me this week. Once I receive it, I will plug it back in and give everyone an update.
I hot mine through Craig Taylor. Was around $6-700 if I recall.
Well. A new left panel didn’t do the trick unfortunately. $1400 mis diagnosed attempt. Anyone have any tips on the next steps forward. Only codes I have to go off are M3404 and L7404. It also displays the B>D on the right screen if you hold the enter button down. I went through all the steps that BATS shows for these codes and no avail. Obviously I was wrong on the left panel being faulty. Without a communication adapter to be able to talk to this machine I think im outta my realm. Without the machine able to power up I cant even check Can bus voltages etc. my next guess would be the gateway module itself but I don’t want to guess. I suspect it’s responsible to latch power on after you press the run/enter button. Like I said it powers up if you hold that button but only as long as you hold it. What happens in a working system? How does the panel stay on with that initial button press? Im pretty sure there are power outputs inside that gateway controller. Perhaps thats whats not latching on due to no communication between it and the deluxe panel?
Checkmate, Did the isocell rebuild fix your issue? I have the same problem on an A300.
My experience with ISOCELL was great! very fast turn around time and communication with them was a breeze. I reinstalled the RH panel and everything worked flawlessly for a couple weeks. Now my machine is back to occasionally lighting up and immediately shutting back off before being able to start. I am scratching my head on this one.
All battery connections have been removed, cleaned, and reinstalled including main fuse. It seems to be a power latching issue that may be caused by the gateway module as mentioned by JEVANS above.
Well, as it turned out the owner decided to take it to a dealership because they had their timeline bumped and needed it ASAP. The dealer put in a Keyed right hand panel as they cannot buy a new Deluxe panel anymore. They claimed it was faulty despite being just fixed by Isocell. They also put a new left hand joystick in it. And last I heard it was fixed. It cost a small fortune too apparently. So then comes the conundrum of who’s BS’ing? Isocell said to send it back they will retest it and refund all money if it fails testing. So there doing it right. Did the dealership mis diagnose it and just swap it out?? Will likely never know.
I reached out to ISOCELL and I will be sending them my RH/LH Panels and the gateway module for them to test as a complete system. I'm fairly certain the previous owner of this machine welded on it without disconnecting the battery. I'll let you all know what they find once tested.