The key pad on my T190 works first thing in the day, every single time. Problem: If i turn the machine off during the day, the key pad will not come on when I press the yellow button. If I let the machine sit for 1 hour or more, it will then start working again. I have changed all the relays, checked my grounds, re-seated my battery terminals. Has anyone come across this? Here is a video of what it does when it's not working: https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0I_rtHY4IBHCx49ea3m7AQFeQ Any idea what the problem could be?
We have talked about Bobcat keypad issues a lot on the HEF. The keypad is simply not very reliable. I’ve replaced a lot of them. I like to troubleshoot stuff vs throwing parts at a problem. With that in mind, it would probably be prudent to replace it. Especially since it sounds like you did your due diligence with diagnosis. that’s my $.02 cents. YMMV.
Thanks for this….do you have a suggestion on where to source a new one? The dealer seems very expensive.
Not available anywhere but a Bobcat dealer. I get all my Bobcat stuff from Bobcat of Juneau. They are located next to the Airport and can ship anywhere, pretty fast. Including Alaska Air Goldstreak anywhere AK flys. Good folks to deal with. Family run dealership.
Isocell can replace they keypad membrane itself and repair the internals. They have replaced a few for me. About 400 bucks to have them replace the membrane switch and test the unit. Plus they give you a one year warranty.
Thank you, I contacted them, and sent in both panels along with the ECM.
Keep us updated on how that goes. And how quick turn around is. Sounds like a great option.