Occasionally Bobcat does not raise and lower arms. Everything else works just fine. On board diagnosis says "Tilt actuator not in neutral" Help?!
you either have a sticking tilt spool, (aluminum rear bonnet may be loose), or you have a tilt actuator going bad :drinkup
x2. I'd bet my money on the actuator. Either way it's going to be a PITA unless you are a contortionist.
yea, that'd be my guess too. i found if you removed the right front inner side plate, (next to your foot) and go in from the front with a couple of longer extensions, it's easier than fighting around the emergency boom valve and plumbing. 864/T200's were a PITA too. :drinkup
All of the above ! ..... YUP ! ...that'd be my guess too, but ..... you say the lift function acts up, but the code is saying the tilt function ??? ... huh ..... are you going by the code number ? or are you reading it out of the manuals code description ..... How many hrs on your machine and what yr is the T190 (out of curiousity) ..... my A-300 has had both the Lifting linear actuator and Tilting linear actuator replaced ..... the first one was at about 2100 hrs and the second was ~2450 hrs ... you kinda wanna make sure you are replacing the correct one ....Hmmmm ! The first one I got sucked in by the dealer to take it in and get changed (200 mi. one way to trailer it) the second one I was told could be changed at home (diff mechanic, said do it at hm) ....it's not too bad to change out either one, just take your time and DON'T drop those long allen bolts ...... you'll be fine ..... Have fun .... cheers
if you have either a lift or tilt fault the ACS system shuts down, locks both spools, and shuts off the bics coil. hope your 2nd mechanic ran an actuator calibration.... uncalibrated actuators usally have a short life. :drinkup
Sorry I forgot to mention that ..... YES I DID calibrate the second actuator by putting it into a self calibration mode as per the shop manual ....... that's why the first mechanic sucked me into taking it in, by telling me that it had to be conected up to their Bcat computer, he no-longer works for Bcat .... cheers
im sorry for jumping on someone elses thread. it will not let me post a new one for some reason. i am really going crazy with this machine. i have a bobcat 730. it was givin to me. i have got it running and moving forward and backwards. IT WILL NOT TURN... i dont have any idea what it could be.
i guess its trial n error then.
On board diagnostics says "tilt actuator not in neutral" I believe it said code DP-2 is this correct? Got it from guy on site via radio. Machine is running fine at this moment haven't done anything with it yet. Like I said it does it sporadically.
If you get a few more posts you can start your own thread with your specific problem (see forum rules or thread entitled "read this before posting", or "new members read this"). You will probably get more assistance that way.
Doesn't make sence ??? ........ Lift and Tilt functions are totally separate circuits ....... either you had a communication break-down or the error code was read wrong ......beats Me ! ..... It'll become a dealer issue if the diag from the machine is interpeded wrong .......
dp-2 this is got me scratching my head is this a joystick machine? or ACS? actuator problems start out erattically, hit and miss, and start to get more and more frequent. :drinkup
It is a joystick machine, was tilt actuator, was not enabling the machine to activate any controls, just like from start up how you have to press the "operate" button.
the code you are seeing in the display isnt DP-2 it's DR-2. thats the default drive setting. :drinkup
Sounds to me like one side of your loader is freewheeling, could be broken drive chains, or a bad motor. If you move one lever only does it move forwards/backwards or do you have to move both levers? If it moves with only one lever, the one that doesn't cause any movement is the side in which there's a problem. I can't remember if the 730 series have case drain filters or not but I suspect they do. Your drive motors will have a small hydraulic line coming from them. Somewhere in these lines will be a small, maybe 1 1/2 inch diameter metal can looking thing. Take this out and look in it for debris, that will tell you if your motor is bad. Hope that provides you with a starting point anyhow. Let us know what you find. Also, once you have 3 posts you can start your own thread. Good luck!
Just re read this, This machine every time you start it up says DR-2. So you are saying this is a "drive setting" like something you could reprogram in for different drivers?
I love CAT product. "tilt actuator not in neutral" I believe it said code DP-2 is this correct Machine is running fine at this moment haven't done anything with it yet. Like I said it does it sporadically.
My A300 always displays the DR-2 also. I believe that it's the label for the Bobcat software that is installed on the machine. I don't know if it can be reprogramed.
O got ya! Since you mentioned an A300 got a question for ya, mine keeps beeping at me telling me 250hr service, I have already done the service how to clear the message?
BOBCAT MANUAL ACTUATOR CALIBRATION: 1. Lower the safety bar 2. switch the drive to ISO 3. push the right joystick all the way forward and right with your right hand and hold it there 4. with your left hand put the ignition into RUN position 5. with your left hand press the green button (Press To Operate Loader) 6. let go the joystick If everything is OK you should get 32-24 code on the display which means that the calibration went good (if it did not please send the actuator to me, will give my mail address and cover the postal fee when you Private Message me). While calibrating you can also hear the electromotor move the slide valve to its extreme positions.
I have a s550 right now with the code w3234 i believe it saying acs not in neutral or needing calibtration so is this the same process ?
I am newbie and trying to find out what might be causing my 03 T190 to beep like it is backing up while sitting still in neutral. I tried posting a thread but I just read that you have to have 3 posts to enable that. Post #1. I chose this thread because it is talking about a T190. Thaks
One other problem with my T190 is that sometimes it is real jerky. Is there an easy adjustment for this?
2 switches under the cab on the front of the steering linkage, one or both is probably out of adjustment