Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat t200/ Deutz 1011f overheating

logger789 ยท 2025-04-09 17:43

I have a bobcat t200 with the deutz 1011f. It runs great with plenty of power but after 15 minutes it starts to run hot. I've found that the oil isn't circulating through the radiator. I have pulled the hoses and can easily blow through the radiator. I started the machine with the oil cooler hoses off and to my surprise the oil shot out of both the outlet and return. So the oil is trying to pump out of the engine both directions instead of flowing one direction. What could be the cause of this?

Replies3
  1. #1funwithfuel2025-04-09 19:49

    Please see attached, there is a thermostat beneath the large alan plug. It should restrict oil flow until it reaches temperature. You do have your air guide fitted properly and the fan isn't choked off, correct?

  2. #2funwithfuel2025-04-09 19:54

    You had the hoses off? There should be 2 rigid tubes that go to a horizontal oil cooler where the fan blows across it and through the cylinder head. Perhaps your application is different from what I'm familiar with.

  3. #3logger7892025-04-09 20:13

    Turns out the thermostat is bad, stacked 3 nickels on top of the thermostat to hold it in the open position. Overheating issue gone. Gotta get a new thermostat tomorrow. Been fighting this issue for a week. Called Mike at Air Cooled Diesel in Texas. He told me to throw 15 cents at it and to my surprise it worked. Ive been running the machine wide open for an hour without issue. If you need advice about a deutz engine Mike at Air Cooled Diesel is the man!