Hello, I’m getting Code 2204-3 My original issue was low power after using for about an hour. Can someone offer advice? Thank you Serial #: CW901335
Were you trying to use the thumbwheel roller on the RH joystick at the time the code first popped up.? See the attached troubleshooting procedure. You will also need a complete electrical schematic because the truncated one on the procedure doesn't tell the full story. Keep an eye on your message inbox.
I was not using the thumb wheel and have not for a long time. Thank you for the troubleshooting. I will start asap
These are the codes in the history.
E232 is excessive water present in the fuel/water separator. E570 is Unexpected Right Motor Forward Speed Detected E875 is low electrical system voltage. Pay particular attention to the "water in fuel" Event. If you get too much water passing through to the engine it could quite easily cost you an HP fuel pump, a fuel rail, and a set of injectors. For the lot you could be talking $5-6k in parts. A good recommendation is to start by draining water and sediment from the fuel tank on a regular basis.
I actually did all of this yesterday. Drained the tank and put on a new Cat fuel filter. I blew out the lines and then also added a Napa 3972 inline filter. Lots of dirt in the diesel drained from the tank. I also put a new oring seal in the fuel pump assembly after reading the forums. I thought maybe the fuel filter housing seal was bad and letting air in. I ordered seal kit 121-4480. Just ran it again for another hour and it starting losing power again. Injectors were checked by Cat dealer 4 months ago and they said they were fine.
That right there is confirmation you did the right thing. I may be wrong but I don't think that kit fits your particular priming pump. Maybe try temporarily removing the NAPA inline screen and see what happens.?
I only used the rubber seal out of the kit. That was the only thing I needed to replace after I inspected the oring seal.
I followed the post from heymccall to replace the seal thinking maybe it was sucking air. The fuel filter had just been changed prior, but I replaced it again after blowing the tank out. HeavyEquipmentForums