Hello First post in this group - appreciate any ideas! Problem - I have a 06 T250 that i picked up at an auction last year - I started having issues with the Hydrolics and I think I've narrowed it down to an issue with the joysticks - I have the original ones with the round base. Once I started asking around I found out that these can be very problimatic and folks suggested that i Upgrade. So I checked into this and was surprised to find out it was a $2000 "fix". I guess my question is around if there is a cheaper way to get this solved? Would I have any luck in finding a set in a salvage situation? If I could would I want to do this? I've been told the new sticks also need a software upgrade - does anyone know anything about this?? Thanks in advance! Jim
There should be some sitting in a salvage yard somewhere but bobcat parts are a little hard to find besides from a dealer.
Here is what I would do.... I used to work for a Bobcat dealer and we used to keep these joysticks in salvage and our road techs used to keep spare handles in their trucks that we took in off joystick upgrades so that they could use them to test machines that were showing signs of old-style joystick failures. Most Bobcat dealers have a "parts request" or "service request" form on their websites. I would send out a USED PARTS request with your problem and serial number of machine. They may sell you a set of old sticks for really cheap. This will at least get you some more hours out of that joystick system. In the meantime, maybe the upgrade will lower in price. Just know, if this works....you will have to calibrate the handles again. In regard to the software upgrade, only a Bobcat dealer has the computer program to get your machine up to the current version of software. Often this can help with little bugs but you may want to talk with your dealer about that. We used to do a software upgrade with every oil change so maybe you can go that route. As for the new joysticks, once we did the upgrade on machines, you are pretty much all set to go. The new sticks were really good and we saw WAY LESS issues with them as opposed to the old round ones. THEY SUCKED!
what codes is it throughing out of neutral y/x axis?
had good luck with buddy's service and suply inc (701)427-5460 fax 1 800 340 2101 got a new 2 speed box bor my bobcat for about $2500. The dealer wanted $12000.good luck
jahanmn, I may have what you need. Give me your # and I'll contact you
I'm new the the forum and can't seem to post a new thread so I am posting a reply to this one since I have a related issue. Got a T320 with joystick control. The arm would sometimes not work so I would turn the machine off and on a few times and eventually get it to work. But no today. The code I am getting is: ACS/AHC Sensor Supply Voltage Out Of Range. Trouble Shooting Message "Alarm occurs when deluxe panel are not upgraded to current level of controller, resulting in errors that are seen by the control but not displayed by the deluxe panel". Looking for a mechanic/repair guy. If you are in the Houston TX 77007 area, please contact me. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping I don't have to replace the joystick as the machine is new and has like 300 hrs on it. The container it was stored in had some moisture issues and from what I read that could have caused it. Any help I can get on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, CCM