Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T250 lift and tilt issue

joec2127 · 2021-08-01 10:07

I am having issues with my lift and tilt on my t250 foot control. The machine will lift, but when you try to tilt at the same time it stops. It doesn’t feel like a lockout valve. It definitely feels like it’s more in the tilt. I just repacked both tilt cylinders. I also just had the tandem drive pump replaced. This started shortly after I got it back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1JBrady2021-08-03 11:44

    Any codes pop up when this happens? If you are familiar with how to retrieve trouble codes on a bobcat and you are not getting any, I'd suspect something wasn't reassembled properly when the tilt cylinders were redone or the pump replaced. It sounds like from your description that everything worked at one time when you first got it back together. If that's the case, that would rule out hoses being incorrectly hooked back up. I'd drop the bucket, disconnect the cylinders from the bobtach and see if they will extend without problems.

  2. #2joec21272021-08-03 12:00

    No codes are coming up. I wonder if it could be a hose collapsing? When I pulled the cylinders out to repack I did notice there was fluid behind the plungers so I had to crack lines to get them to come out.

  3. #3bobatack2021-08-03 20:31

    is there any chance of the auxiliary hydraulics are not disengaging One way to check that is to plug in something that turns..(rotary mower as an example) then start machine

  4. #4joec21272021-08-04 11:30

    I wouldn’t think the aux would affect the lift and tilt though would it?

  5. #5JBrady2021-08-05 18:48

    It's possible you could have a collapsed hose, but even the oldest S250's aren't all that old, unless one has just been left outside its whole life. I'd check the simplest things first, like trying to stroke the cylinders without the ends connected to the bobtach. If you don't see anything obvious, your next step would be to get some pressure gauges and start checking pressures at each function. Again, a big key in all of this is if it ever worked properly right after the cylinder rebuild?