Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T250 no bob-tach or parking brake

Two Old Guys Repair · 2026-05-20 22:35

I have a Bobcat T250 that neither the parking brake nor the bob-tach switches will work. I've tested the switches off of the machine and both work fine. There is power to both switches but neither will transfer power to their respective solenoids. All fuses are fine and all relays are fine. All connections are good. Both failed at the same time, so I believe their problems are related but I have absolutely no idea how. I'm stumped! Can anyone give me some direction?

Replies2
  1. #1Two Old Guys Repair2026-05-20 22:37

    I forgot to mention that the safety bar down will release the brake, so I'm fairly certain that, at least that solenoid is fine.

  2. #2Hondaracing022026-06-02 00:13

    I would tend to believe you had a mouse visit you. At least that’s often the culprit in these situations for me. I once had a machine that wasn’t used for just 3 days. In that time, a squirrel chewed wires up underneath, a friend pushed the machine on trailer and hauled it to his place. When he got home the squirrel came shooting out and the dog grabbed it! Useless story, but rather funny. Up in that headliner though, mice do like to climb around. Have you pulled it down?