Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T300 Blowing AC Fuse

McLaughlin CDE · 2020-07-11 22:02

I recently bought an 08 T300 with 1100 hours from the original owner. Very clean, nice machine, but the AC was inoperable. Seller told me he believed it was the compressor because it was blowing fuses. Brought it home, checked compressor coil resistance against specs I could find online and it fell into the appropriate range. Turned AC on with a set of gauges hooked up and pressures were way off. Turns out the expansion valve was stuck. Got it freed up and it began blowing cold. If you run it on fan speed 3 (max) it will blow the fuse almost immediately. Fan speed two will run a little longer then blow fuse. Fan speed one will blow cold for a half hour or so before blowing fuse. I’ve looked at the obvious areas on the wiring harness running to evaporator box that I can see without dismantling anything and don’t see any rubbed/chewed wiring. I’ve tried swapping the relay with another, no change there. It’s the correct 30 amp fuse each time. I’ve tried researching this problem a bit on google but haven’t seen much that fit this description. Anyone have any ideas or insight? Hate to shotgun parts at anything but my guess is the blower motor resistor because the motor itself is quiet and sounds fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David

Replies1
  1. #1Vetech632020-07-12 02:44

    It's more than likely your fan motor. Any drag on its rotation will draw more amps and blow your fuses.