Well my T300 is dead again, this time im lost. I was using it today to unload some skids off the trailer, 1 at a time, then I would shut the machine off and unstack the skids by hand. After the 6th skid, the machine decided that it did not want to re start. I pressed the run/enter button, entered the code and pressed the run/enter button again, and it did what it should. I then pressed the start button and nothing, the display went dark. I did this same thing 3-4 times and nothing. No codes either. Now the display will not even light up, it will just blink real quick and thats it. Im not sure if the display pannel died or what? What does it take to remove the pannel? Can the bobcat dealer test if I bring it in? Thanks
Remove left side panel, have to remove center panel first, panel with parking brake switch. Once panel is removed, check for voltage on red/white wire going to panel. If voltage there, remove right side panel, check for voltage on red/white wire. If you have voltage there, likely a problem with keypad module. If no voltage at either side, raise cab and test red/wht wire at harness plug located above hyd reservoir, harness that has wires going to cab.
Thanks for the reply, do you remember if the screws are hex or torx? Thanks
hex allen head screws
Ok, had some time today to do some more checking, and now the screen is lighting up and working. I press the run/enter, then the password, then hit run enter, then press the start button. Some times it will then make the screen go dead, other times I can hear the fuel pump selenolid working, other times the relays in the fuse box will make a bunch of noise. But I can not get any power to the starter. I charged up the battery for 4 hours today, so I don't think this is a low voltage issue. I pulled the keyless pannel out, and checked the connection, it was ok. Im now wondering if the computer is bad? I tried to find it today with no luck.
Although not impossible, it's rare for an ECU to go bad. With Bobcats, in most cases, it's wiring harness and harness connector problems. It's going to be hard to troubleshoot with it acting so intermittent, hard to chase a gremlin around a machine. I would flip the cab up, check the harness closely, and definitely take the harness connector apart on top of the hyd tank, I've seen pin/socket problems in that connector a number of times. Check your fuse box, look for any sign of heat melting components indicate poor connection. Pull the relays out and check the socket terminals in same manner.
I was able to clean all the cables up today, and now I have power at the fuel selenoid and the starter. It will just crank it over about 1 turn, very slow. Im going to have the battery checked in the morning, the bobcat computer is only showing 8.6 volts.
That would cause your problem. Hope you get it sorted out.
I know it's easier said than done in the moment, but 9 times out of 10 its so much easier to start with the very basic things...like the battery. Batteries can die within an instant. Be great one minute and drop a cell and be buggered the next. Start simple....instead of pulling consoles apart, checking power etc....and chasing your tail.
I'll agree with that Ryanrb25, had a 96 E350 van that had one of the two batteries crap out when I shut it off, used the phone for 15 minutes, came back to van, dead as a hammer. :Banghead
New bat fixed it. I feel like an idiot now, but I never thought a 2 year old battery would take a dump this bad. I started it 6-7 times in a hour peroid of time and it never even acted week at all, then bam, its got nothing. I was expecting the worst and thinking it was time to call bobcat out. Glad I did not make that call$$$!
I had the same thing with a T200. Used the machine every day and it started like the battery was brand new. One morning it was completely dead. My only experience with batteries was with cars and airplanes, and those batteries give warning before they go completely. Even a car battery that dies quickly will growl a little and let you know the starter is spinning and solenoid engaging. The Bobcat batteries are "here today, gone tomorrow."
All machines are tough on batteries because of vibration and terrain they work on, way more brutal than automotive applications. Skidsteers and CTL's are probably the worst on batteries from all the bouncing around they do.
2 years is about "normal" for a battery in a bobcat CTL. :drinkup