Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 90XT Skid Steer – need help making it go straight

gtopercy ยท 2012-09-08 22:43

I just bought a 2004 90XT with 300 hours on it. Very nice piece. My problem is with the thing going to the right when bought levers are pushed forward all the way. I'm mechically incline but in the auto industry. I tried raising the cab adn adjusting the linkage but I'm not sure that's going to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!! thanks all and hello to the forum.

Replies6
  1. #1jakelly2012-09-11 00:31

    My 90xt pulls to the right as well. I don't have an answer, but I'm excited to hear the answer. In the meantime I'm here for moral support

  2. #2KSSS2012-09-11 01:43

    Making them track straight is an easy adjustment. I am sure Graham or one of the CASE mechanic guys can give you the process for doing so.

  3. #3inthedirt2012-09-11 07:53

    Tricky to answer without being there. With the engine off, push both levers forward and see if they stroke or move the same amount. In other words in neutral they should be evenly spaced from you forward and backwards, and when "against the stops" the should be even also. also check the servo lever on the pump ( the arm your linkages hook to) and see if they look like they are stroked the same amount. If they are stoping shorter or longer on one side don't turn the clevis on the rods. that only shortens the travel one way and lengthens it the other. there should be a stop in the pivot mechanism for the handles, one for forward one for reverse per each side. These are how you adjust your travel handle stroke distance. Now then.... that is just if it is a handle issue. When you run your machine if the deviation from straight isn't bad, or it is a small amount over a long distance, this could be normal. However, if it veers off bad, or it gets worse when the oils warms up, you probably have hydrostat issues. Warm your oil up until it is uncomfortable to hold your hand on the side of the tank and then put your bucket up against something very strong (concrete wall) and ease your controls forward. If everything is normal, both tires will spinout evenly. If you have a problem one side will spin out and the other will do it less, or may stall. You are looking for both sides to have equal strength. With out gauges hooked up this is the best "seat of the pants" test. let us know what you find.

  4. #4LedgeEnd2012-09-11 22:08

    inthedirt - thanks for the insight. I also have a 90xt that drifts a bit. It drifted a bit to the left when I bought it (used). At the first service I had it adjusted so now it drifts a bit to the right . I was going to live with it but now it looks like even this mere mortal can make minor adjustments to make it run straight and true. I'll add this to my list for this winter.

  5. #5willie592012-09-11 22:45

    Agree with others, it's a simple linkage adjustment. The plain and simple explanation is when you shove the drive levers all the way forward, the left drive lever is stroking it's drive pump more that the right lever does its drive pump. Result, drifts to the right. Just a matter of adjusting linkage so both levers stroke their respective drive pumps equally.

  6. #6Jbullfrog2012-10-06 20:28

    Does it vere the same in reverse?