I have a 2002 t300. it is displaying a "8-21" error code. this is for high hydraulic fluid temperature. the code displays upon starting, and drives the cooler fan crazy. I have replaced everything possible in the way of parts, and am now to the point of chasing wires. there is a single wire that attaches to the temp sensor on the hydraulic fluid filter base that doesn't show continuity, but it is the only wire in the harness that isn't numbered, and I can't find the other end without removing the cab and stripping the machine to the frame. can anybody help? thanks
Welcome to HEF tripp's outback. :drinkup I don't have a manual on a T300 so I can't offer help specific to your machine, but on every Bobcat I've worked on the hyd temp sensor has two wires. The unit at the filter base that has just one wire is the filter restriction switch. All sensors and switches on a Bobcat mainframe harness go to the ECU, the ECU controls pretty much everything electrical on Bobcat machines.
wille is correct the one wire sender is the restriction switch, what i dont unde stand is you are saying about the cooling fan an '02 would have a belt driven fan and is not temp controlled..... word of warning, all the sensors, (eng & hyd), seat bar and RH paddle switch are on an 8v sensor supply curcuit coming from the bobcat controller. an active fault from another sender (even if that sender is NOT throwing a fault code) could be causing your problem. over the winter i replaced a main harness in a t300 that was throwing all kinds of related codes for seperate senders. ohm tested EVERY wire on the 8v system, all had continuity.... :drinkup