Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 317

james2042 ยท 2015-05-02 22:10

Hello I have a 2009 317 skid steer. It's always strained and even stalls sometimes when trying to pick up a full bucket load of dirt and move at the same time. Today it started applying the brakes while driving . It never locked up but I could feel the brakes coming on. Is there something to look for? Thanks James

Replies6
  1. #1james20422015-05-03 13:39

    Nobody can help? Apparently I'm losing hydraulic fluid from the yellow ring on top of the pump. Its the left drive . is there an oring that can be replaced?

  2. #2Porcupine292015-05-04 21:05

    do you have it at least at 75 to 85 % throttle? my gehl will stall if i go into stone pile with to low of throttle.

  3. #3james20422015-05-04 23:16

    I have it at full throttle. It will do it any time In use the tilt,boom and drive all at the same time. Someone told me it may be a bad charge pump.

  4. #4james20422015-05-05 21:52

    Not sure what that is. When I tilt the bucket and raise boom at the same time . If I'm still moving forward it's whines like the park brake came on and the wheels lock up .

  5. #5Porcupine292015-05-06 22:13

    did you lift your cab to make sure nothing is out of whack

  6. #6james20422015-05-07 06:23

    I did the only thing I see is the left wheels are a bit off centerd and the small leak in the seal for the left drive under centering plate. I used it all day and it didn't do it seems intermittent.