Happy New Year! I'm new to the forum due to having a confusing situation that might turn costly. Our family T300 had been serviced about two years ago. Oil and hydraulic fluid change and drive belt change. Since then the 05-09, low hydraulic pressure light intermittent, but still runs fine, so the light has been ignored for 2 years. I now have the machine at my house to use. I decided to correct the low pressure light issue. I changed the case drain filter, which looks like it had never been changed and was about 1/2 full of fine metal shavings. Once all back together, now getting 05-09 and 05-14 low pressure shutdown. I did change the pressure switch, no change. I began to investigate the belt, even though its not old. Once I got everything out of the way, I noticed the tensioner stop was all the way back and tight. The manual states, to adjust belt, the stop needs to be pushed forward to tensioner arm, so I slid the stop forward to idler arm and tightened. Still getting low pressure shut down right after start up. Could the stop being pulled back all the wayfor the 2 yrs cause belt to stretch from the tensioner arm bouncing? How tight should the belt be. It has a little bit of play. I would think it should be like the serpentine belt on a car or truck, tight! This tensioner is a little different then most I have seen on you tube. How to I know if the tensioner is shot? Attached pic shows where stop was. Any advice would be great.
1/2 full of fine metal shavings ?? That don't sound good. Id get a gauge on it and check my charge pressure first.
It had a new pump installed just before we bought it the machine. Im not sure if they ever changed the case drain filter. The shavings may be from then. Hopefully.
Still need to check your charge pressure. You need to know what that is first then you can have a better understanding on what direction to go with solving the issue. But if the issue is intermittent i would start out by checking my electrical. Grounds, harness ect. I would keep my meter handy and when the light comes on next. I would check sensor voltage and reference voltage at the sensor and makes sure the gateway is seeing and receiving the signal. Little gremlins that are intermittent like this especially electrical can be difficult to track down unless you take it step by step and go it with a methodical approach.
Thanks. I plan to check charge pressure. Just have to purchase a gauge and a tee. Electrical was my original thought due to being intermittent and seeing several butt splices throughout.