This is my first compact loader. 2005 Bobcat T300 with 3500hrs. Just purchased. I did not test prior to purchase unfortunately. I get it home and the thing will not lift any kind of weight. It even struggles with the 800lb bucket. Tracks work great, fast, good pushing power. No trouble codes, no trouble lights. All fluids are at normal levels. Where do you suggest I start?
Is the unit joystick or pedal controls? How is the crowd and aux hydraulic functions? First of all i would check pedal lever linkage travel. If ok, then check hydraulic pressures. If low open filters and look for shiny parts.
Definitely check pressures. I would start at aux as that is easiest, (at least is you have a fitting for the gauge) if low there most likely weak gear pump. See if pressure rises as engine rpms increase. If so, points to weak pump. If consistent at say 1000 psi at all rpms, poi ts to relief valve. As Cliffy mentioned, are other functions also weak. Or just one.
All loader functions are weak. It drives great. Pressure reading at aux hydralics idle 500psi wot 2000psi (jumps around 200-300psi) turned in relief valve idle 700psi wot 2500psi (jumps around 200-300psi)
Update - I cranked the relief all the way in now the bucket will lift with material. Checked at aux I’m getting 2,700psi but it’s a sporadic reading. If I keep engaging the aux on the joystick it randomly starts lifting the bucket.
I ordered a new main relief valve. Will post update after replacement.
If that doesn't work check for suction leaks at the main pump