Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T300 roller bearings

Ohenryb ยท 2014-10-06 10:51

Has anyone replaced the bearings on a Bobcat 300?

Replies4
  1. #1Ohenryb2014-10-06 13:08

    That should read roller bearings.

  2. #2LoadTest2014-10-06 13:09

    I've seen a couple threads where people have replaced the bearings instead of buying whole new bottom rollers or front/rear idlers. I can't find them at the moment and not even sure it was one H.E.F. But i know it was a Bobcat large frame. I think on one of the idlers he had to machine it to get the closest size bearings he could find to fit. Maybe someone else remembers seeing these threads? I don't know how hard it is to get rollers/idlers come apart.

  3. #3bigsmoke2014-10-06 22:23

    I wouldn't even bother for the $400 of a new roller. Torque the bolts and drive on.

  4. #4LoadTest2014-10-11 01:55

    Thats silly. $400 x 8 is $3200 + another $2000 for front and rear idlers. You must be digging in a goldmine if your time is that valuable.