Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T300. Turn up HP

baexcavating · 2013-02-10 18:08

Im looking to turn up the injection pump on my T300 to avoid the engine bogging during multifunction. Does anyone here know how? thanks

Replies25
  1. #1crewchief8882013-02-15 19:50

    define multifunction ? :drinkup

  2. #2baexcavating2013-02-15 21:24

    When I am driving, lifting and tilting all at the same time. A few guys told me to have it turned up and it wont bog down.

  3. #3crewchief8882013-02-16 08:57

    you can check the high idle rpm, if it's not within spec it can be adjusted. if rpm is within spec, and the engine is bogging down, several things could be causing it. a: hyd relief pressure set too high b: fuel filter c: air filter d: throttle cable not adjusted properly, throttle lever loose, ie: engine really at full throttle e: operator error :drinkup

  4. #4baexcavating2013-02-16 11:18

    checked all that. this is a common complaint on T300s.

  5. #5crewchief8882013-02-16 14:30

    what is the engine rpm at full throttle? what is the engine rpm at full throttle with the aux engaged? :drinkup

  6. #6baexcavating2013-02-16 14:40

    everything is up to specs, I just need more power. read any review of the T300s and they will tell you that once you turn up the injection pump they are unbeatable. I do a lot of piling soil and get sick of slowing down when lifting and tilting.

  7. #7crewchief8882013-02-16 14:50

    i dont have to read a review, i see them on a DAILY basis. i cant "see" through the web to verify your engine RPM is, i cant tell you what to do. :drinkup

  8. #8baexcavating2013-02-16 15:22

    Sorry if you misunderstood the question, I'm not trying to diagnose a problem, I just don't want to trade for a T320 when I can get the same performance with the turn of a screw. I have 11 years experience as a equipment tech before starting my excavating company. I am just not familiar with the Kubota injection pump fuel adjustment, so I figured I would ask if anyone had experience turning them up, and was willing to share the details. Thanks, (not looking for an argument, just an answer)

  9. #9crewchief8882013-02-16 15:50

    all i would do is get it up to maximum factory spec RPM. :drinkup

  10. #10Bobcatdan2013-02-16 20:47

    I would talk with a local diesel shop and see if they will tell you anything under the table. By law, injector pumps on emissions labled engines are not to be dicked with by anybody other then certified diesel shop. As a bobcat dealer, I can not go into one. Even if I wanted to, I have no manual, specs or part I can get. I have at least 50 customers with t300 and I can't think of any power complains outside of plugged fuel filters.

  11. #11willie592013-02-16 21:03

    We have T300's in our rental fleet, and use them frequently ourselves for various projects, never had anyone complain of engine power while operating. Plenty of gripes about a T190, but not a 300. :beatsme Are you sure your turbo hasn't gone south?

  12. #12baexcavating2013-02-16 21:17

    Mine gets worked pretty hard, like all my equipment. If I had a D11R CAT I would probably want to turn that up too... It works fine, just seems like it has the potential to be better. But then again maybe I should leave it alone so hired help cant wreck as much!!!

  13. #13Bobcatdan2013-02-16 22:01

    If I'm not wrong, I think a t300 is 81 hp and a t320 is 85. The T870 is at 92 hp.

  14. #14crewchief8882013-02-17 08:09

    since the OP says everything is in spec, and has 11 years experience as a "tech" must be option E. :drinkup

  15. #15robin yates uk2013-02-17 08:36

    option E deffo!

  16. #16baexcavating2013-02-17 10:56

    Sorry, I confused this for a place to get info, but I guess its just a place for childish people to talk sh*t and try to belittle people. I asked a simple question, if you cant answer it don't post.

  17. #17Bobcatdan2013-02-18 19:48

    I gave my honest answer, talk to a diesel shop that does injector pumps.

  18. #18crewchief8882013-02-18 20:18

    as you didnt replay to my questions about eng rpm specifically, "all within spec" tells me you really have no real idea, and just want to turn everything up, no matter how it's performing. i know that at least 2 bobcat techs have attempted to get some more info, and find out why you may be having problems. typical solution to every "problem" more HP !!! :drinkup

  19. #19CRAFT2013-02-19 04:19

    U'r not wrong on the 300 or 320, the new 770's and 850 are 92hp, and the new 870 is advertised as 99.2hp (Worksaver mag 2013 Buyers Guide) I'll go with that too Willie ! …… in most all skid usages you'll never need more (until you need hyd-power beyond) in any 300, but that's specialized O/Op use the way I look at it. Sorry BUT you started out with a legit thread and turned it into something dumb !!! :beatsme... ALL because you did not know how to ask a question ? …. then when you were asked to define your problem you became ….well lets not go there :cool2…. I wouldn't lower my self to that level as you return post !!! ….JMHO …..LMFAO DAN ! … you are 1000% correct !!! …… I Took my A-300 to a Large fuel injection shop to get more HP (after the Bcat dealer couldn't/wouldn't do a thing, you are right, they are bound by limits and that is ONLY stock limits) ….. And I GOT MORE !! … 15-20% more just off of the pump, he re-dialed the pump(not just a screw driver and wrench), my RPM never changed at WOT (2450), my fuel consumption never increased (L/hr) but I got more work/production in the same amount of time as when it was stock. Where I 1st had issues with power were with my hi-flow SG60X, when it came under load the engine would not maintain rpm falling off to a point where, as you would know the gpm also fell off ...the wheel began to jump/chatter on the stump …… my Hi-flow rotary-disc mulcher would pre-maturely stall out, recovery was slow, excessive hyd temps due to oil bypass, and worst of all on an uphill grade the machine would power out with the attachment running (same as above the engine rpm falling off too soon) ….. My Hi-flow snowblower under load would slow down to a point it looked like an over grown snow shovel…..Shute clogging drove me nuts ! We have clocked over 1500 machine hrs with this set-up …… Stump grinder does NOT chatter anymore, under load the engine maintains 21-2250rpm easily and now i'm doing more stumps/hr as well …… When the mulcher is on it also stalls out WAY less, when it does, recovery is almost instant, hyd temps are way down, over all is working with way less effort and higher efficiency/production or acres/hr …… the snowblower is now a snow thrower as advertised, increased throwing distance upwards of 15-20' ………… The Fuel Pump Tech/owner, was a Bosch factory trained Fuel system Tech, over the years he has done turbo's, injectors, and fuel pumps for me on my Cat 3406's, Big cam cummins, VW industrial diesels ect. …… by no means a back-yard mechanic, especially when you see a $250,000 fuel pump, injector calibration machine sitting there …… he knew my 3.3 Kubota inside and out, claiming that it has the capability to produce even more than what he gave me, BUT it would require way more Air (bigger turbo) . …… I am extremely happy with my Bcat the way it performs since its Tune-Up…… This is my story and i'm sticking to it ! …LOL….. :drinkup

  20. #20NCPIPELINE2013-02-19 07:33

    Seems pretty straight forward to me, "want more"... We do not have the information you seek, try an injection pump shop... The answer should have been "Ok, Thanks Guys, Will DO!" instead it became a pissing contest LOL. What a joke. Chief, Willie, Dan, Craft you guys make my morning LMFAO Some people...

  21. #21buckfever2013-02-19 19:59

    I have a 05 JD ct332. Was wondering if maybe I could do the same thing as Craft and bump up my hp a little? Not looking to blow out black smoke and double my hp just enought to help when running a brushhog on slopes or when working in nasty sticky mud.

  22. #22Bobcatdan2013-02-19 20:58

    I can't remember clear enough to tell you how to do it on a deere, but those are pretty easy to adjust. Back in the day had a 4720 compact with basically the same engine in it. It had a slight smoke problem. Put it on the dyno, this 50 hp tractor was cranking close to 80! The 5030 has unit injector pumps, one for eash cylinder. I think the adjustment is to the fuel rack travel, but I just don't remember for sure. Its been five years since I worked on one.

  23. #23buckfever2013-02-20 19:51

    I looked and found that the 5030t hp range is 75-99. Being that my machine is running around 82 hp I have a little room to play. Just have to find someone that is qualified to turn a wrench on it.

  24. #24Bobcatdan2013-02-20 19:57

    The 5030 engine isn't rocket surgery, but it takes somebody with the know how of the engine to propperly work on it. Find a deere tech that does work on the side.

  25. #25thepumpguysc2013-02-20 21:27

    Danm good answer dan