Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat t320 track cylinder removal

jdcarrasco ยท 2015-09-01 19:19

Well I'm having this issue with the track coming loose and I'm new at this but I have some common sense. Well I'm almost sure its the cylinder Going out but how do I remove it or check it. The front of cylinder has alot of grease that's what got me thinking its the cylinder

Replies2
  1. #1bobcan2015-09-01 23:54

    Well, a Service Manual would go a long way as to educating you in basic things (how I learned/ am still learning) but as a start, the tightener (cylinder I assume you are speaking of) operates by Adding Grease for Pressure to tighten the track _ so you may indeed have a leaky seal there, perhaps..

  2. #2crewchief8882015-09-03 16:42

    lift the machine enough to remove the track. pull the front idler out of the track frame, the idler assy is behind it. pull the grease cylinder apart, check the rod for damage/missing chrome. replace the oring and wiper seal reassemble :drinkup